Your trust in us is our absolute number one priority, which is why we want you to be as informed as possible. Forget celebrities, we all need our privacy too.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
When you make a purchase with us we will need some information to process your order or issue personalised emails. This information helps us get your jewellery to you as quick as possible. When you register an account with us we will need your: Name and e-mail address. If you place an order we will need your credit card number; expiry date; relevant security details; telephone number; postal address and finally your billing address. We never store credit card details.
In accordance with legitimate interest, we may use your postal address to send you information about our latest must-have products or even a secret discount offer (we send approximately 2 mailings per year). But of course, you can opt out of this at any time by emailing email@example.com or telephoning us on 0207 993 5548… although we’d be very sad to see you go.
We keep records of the live chats, telephone calls, emails and postal correspondence from you so we can provide you with the great customer service and support we’re known for (contractual performance).
There are circumstances where we may share some of your personal information with our third-party service providers, for example website and payment providers (contractual performance / legitimate interests), delivery companies (contractual performance / legitimate interests), marketing agencies and apps (legitimate interests) and custom authorities (legal obligation). We may make some of your personal information available to companies in order to advertise and market our services to you through other platforms on the internet (e.g. Facebook). In all instances, we provide them with only the data they need to perform their function and we ensure that the processing of your data will be done lawfully, fairly and transparently. We may transfer your personal information outside the EU. If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
When you enter a competition hosted by us, in partnership with other like-minded brands, and indicate that you would be happy to receive newsletters from our competition partners we may share your email address with them. Likewise, if you enter a competition hosted by another brand and consent to receive our newsletters you will be added to our database but can unsubscribe at any time.
Your personal data is shared with Experian Ltd for the purposes of managing a service called Club Canvasse, a home shopping and direct retailer data co-operative of which we are members. By sharing information on what customers buy and pooling that with contributions from other members of the co-operative, the service allows us to better understand our customers and to communicate with you more effectively. Please note, your personal information is not shared with any of the other members of the co-operative, and only aggregated data on the number and value of purchases is provided to members e.g. we will receive a report which states how many customers who have bought from us in the last 0-12mths, and who have also bought from other members of the co-operative in the last 0-12mths, or the last 24mths, last 36mths etc. To understand more please click through to Experian’s website to understand more about their marketing services.
We will only keep your data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of the retention period, we will delete your data.
Since we have your details, it only seems fair for you to have ours. Auree Jewellery is a company incorporated in England and our company number is 11931102.
What about Cookies?
No, we’re not referring to the snack… we’re talking technical. Cookies are essentially tiny bits of information, which help us to make your shopping experience as efficient as possible. When you visit our website for the first time a cookie is downloaded onto your laptop or PC. When you visit our website again, your laptop or PC will use that cookie to check to see if you have visited us before.
Cookies may help us to help you by:
-Preserving a basket you may have made on a previous visit.
-Remembering your email address which will save you time when logging in.
-Showing you hand selected pieces you may like based on your previous browsing.
-Sending you our selective emails, which will tell you about pieces we think you might like, based on your previous browsing.
- By visiting our site third parties (such as Facebook and Google) may place cookies on your browsers for targeted advertising purposes. Targeted advertising means that we will display ads to you that we think you might be interested in based on the fact you visited our site.
- The types of data we collected include but are not limited to IP addresses, cookie identifiers and your website activity and these are collected for targeted advertising. If we know what you have been looking at, we can hopefully give you more relevant suggestions as to what you might like to see from us.
- This data may be used by third parties (such as Facebook and Google) to target advertising on other sites based on your users’ online activity. We use these sites to help us spread the word about Auree and stay in touch with our visitors.
- If you don't want to receive targeted advertising you can easily opt-out. We recommend going to networkadvertising.org/choices, or for those in Europe, the EDAA opt out site at youronlinechoices.eu where they will help you remove any cookies you don't want present in your browser. It's your right, so use it.
- We exist because of our customers. The last thing we want to do is irritate you, bombard you with spam or send you ads you don't want - it costs us money and you patience. So tell us if we are getting it wrong: firstname.lastname@example.org
What am I consenting to?
How to contact us regarding any of the information you have just read?
If you have any queries regarding anything you have read, please do not hesitate to contact us.
You can email us at email@example.com
Last updated: 9 June 2021